Axnes is looking for a new Field Support Technical Representative. The primary function of the Field Support Technical Representative is to support Axnes’ aviation customers as the avionics technical advisor in supporting internal and external customers with technical services, troubleshooting and customer service issues. In addition, this position assists sales and business development teams with evaluating and interpreting applicable technical data and requirements. The representative supports the Sales and Business Development team in preparing quotes and researching and resolving system issues.
The skill and knowledge level forthis position must be technical competence with commercial aircraft systems, specifically with audio and ICS system troubleshooting and testing, as well asother avionics equipment.
The incumbent should expect to workon assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgement, initiative,and specialized technical knowledge to resolve problems and / or develop recommended solutions.
The Technical Representative will interface and work collectively with Axnes’ aviation partners to ensure good communication and closure of day-to-day technical concerns. The need to present information to customers and internal stakeholders will be frequent and must be delivered professionally.
• Conduct OEM and customer product training.
• Technical evaluation of subcontracts including SOW, specifications, ICDs, RFPs, and schedules.
• Ensure timely and effective problem and technical resolutions for assigned client base.
• Identify and analyze local and regional market requirements by soliciting client feedback and by maintaining strong industry contacts/network.
• In conjunction with the management team, implement a client visit plan and maximize face to face client support time by arranging and facilitating support resources in an effective manner to facilitate client retention.
• Collaborate with the management team to review plans and develop and implement strategies to maximize support opportunities.
• Enhance and maintain relationships with clients.
• Other duties assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Operational knowledge of helicopter and fixed wing aviation, including law enforcement and air medical and search and rescue operations.
• Law Enforcement/Fire/EMS/Military air crew background highly desirable.
• Experience with avionics, ICS systems, radios, and wireless intercom systems.
• General aviation direct OEM and MRO operations sales desired.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously and drive change.
• Adaptable to a highly fluid work environment.
• Ability to read and write effectively.
• Cultural sensitivity and awareness and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment.
• Proven team player and problem solver.
• Customer Orientated.
• Results Orientated.
• Planning and organizing.
• Teamwork and Commitment to excel.
• Resilient, resourceful, optimistic and energetic.
• Strong sense of accountability
• Ability to work under pressure in austere work environments in all conditions.
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, will substitute for 10+ years in related avionics/flight crew experience
• 5 years of experience with technical/avionics/aircrew solutions focused skill set
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including but not limited to the ability to present to groups and to interpret and summarize complex written materials.
• Demonstrated effective problem solving, interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing various systems and software programs (example Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in aerospace/flight crew industry is required.
• Must be a proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision, with excellent written and oral communication skills, and PC skills.
Familiarity with the following International Test and Certification Standards is preferred:
• RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-178,RTCA DO-254, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems, and multiple data protocols
• Avionics system architectures and schematics.
• Aircraft installation, functional testing, and troubleshooting
• Candidates must be eligible to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
• Frequent short notice domestic and foreign travel required.